Ironcastings SPA is an Italian foundry specialized in the manufacturing of casting parts in of grey Iron (GJL) and ductile iron (GJS), austempered ductile iron (ADI) and Isothermal heat treatment to increase the performance in ductile iron.
Our company was established in 2013, and was born thanks know-how built up through more than 60 years’ experience, excellent technology and an outstanding team.
Co-engineering, Design Review
Working ahead of the production to obtain top quality products in the most convenient way.
Thanks to many years of experience, we are able to assist the customer right from the planning stage, foreseeing the final result. Magma software for teeming simulation and mould filling.
Siemens, ProCAST, Magmasoft, GOM (ATOS/ ZEISS).
Ironcastings boasts a new integrated robotic deburring maching tools, which allows vertical insourcing and automating processes in the supply chain.
Parts are machined at a very high-rated speed leading to faster cycles and inefficience’s elimination. The robot loads and unloads parts to the robot drill, which switches softwares according to the different casts. As a result, the system ensures high-quality standards and constant supplying.
- +REPEATABLE HIGH QUALITY AND FLEXIBILITY
- Thanks to adaptive tool compensation and virtual programming techniques, our robots guarantee constant and repeatable finished quality, compensating for variations between the actual piece and the nominal model. Using robots in modern process manufacturing means constantly assuring quality, precision and flexibility.
- +MODULAR SOLUTIONS and EASY PROGRAMMING
- The toolholder module supported by automatic tools changing system makes the solution completely flexible and able to produce small batches. The times needed to put a new article into production are minimized thanks to virtual programming.
- +SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- With scraps collection and dust extraction system, SIR cells are fully compliant with occupational health and safety legislation.
We aim to be the OEM iron foundry and casting part supplier to the world market.
Our casting services serve wide range of industries, particularly machinery, construction, agriculture, industrial. Inherit casting traditional craft from 1960, we have experience and capacity to process a variety of iron casting parts, from 25 to 250kg.
- +Ductile Iron GJS
- We manufacture all grades of spheroidal graphite iron according to international standards (ISO 1083, EN 1563, FIAT 52215, ASTM A536),including ferritic ductile iron with guaranteed resistance at low temperatures (in grades EN-GJS400-18LT and GGG40.3) and also the new grades of solid-solution strengthened ferritic ductile iron, also known as high silicon ductile iron. Our versatility enables us to give the customer the best solution for their casting needs. Ductile iron castings are the most common type of cast iron that is poured today.
- +Grey Iron GJL
- Our Foundry is a manufacturer of gray iron castings, ranging in size from 25 to 250 Kg. Our customer base is from a wide range of industries, such as agriculture, industrial, transmission and more. We offer a variety of molding processes including green sand, lost foam, and no-bake. Due to its graphitic microstructure, it forms grey fractures, hence the name grey cast iron or simply grey iron. The color ultimately is due to a combination of the material used and the heating/cooling process used to harden it. As with all things, grey iron is only as good as the materials that are used to make it. IRONCASTINGS only buys the best scrap and raw materials to produce our grey iron castings. We believe this is the key to superior grey iron castings.
- +Austempering ADI
- We perform heat treatments on cast parts in spheroidal graphite iron in a dedicated internal division equipped with hi tech (4.0 integrated) furnaces to obtain ADI and IDI, ideal for the manufacture of lightweight and high performing mechanical parts.
Supply chain management
We aim to be single point of contact for our clients, from the design of the component to the delivery of the finished product. A solid integrated process which take place in our plant in Reggio Emilia allow IRONCASTINGS to offer to the customers a single point of contact for the supply machined, tested and certified cast iron castings.
From melting to burr removal services, heat treatments, mechanical processing, coating, quality control and certification, in order to offer a complete range of products and services. Our facilities are:
- No. 5 multi-pallet machining centers (max. 1300x850x830 mm)
- No. 3 vertical machining centers
- No. 8 vertical lathes (diam. Max. 1300×1050 mm)
- No. 3 automated twin mandrel lathes (diam. Max. 820 mm)
- No. 5 horizontal lathes (diam. Max. 450 mm)
- No. 1 5 axis machining center
- No. 3 automatic three-dimensional measuring machines
Ironcastings produces pieces with a new automatic moulding system plant called Heinrich Wagner Sinto, for flasks sized 1100x900x400+350.
The moulding system employ new “SEIATSU” technology, allowing the company to use patterns with reduced relief angles, to remove cores and avoid strains on castings; such technological improvements consistently and continuously guarantee better and high-quality castings for Ironcastings’ Customers.
The EFA 5,5 plant achieve an output of 120 flasks/hour and is fed by a CAP 8 automatic casting furnace, capable of pouring nodular cast iron and by a sand plant automatically controlled by a GSC (Green Sand Control), enabling the moulding line to constantly receive controlled sand, modified for every kind of planned production.
- Nproduces 100 tonnes daily of liquid cast iron
- uses “SEIATSU” moulding line technology
- Casting cooler Kuttner
- Shotblasting DISA CT4
- N2 Clansman Manipulator
SMELTING AND POURING PLANT
Melting and Pouring Plant: has 4 Furnaces – 3 of them have melting station
- 2 melting furnace, type C55 MF, 5 MW, n.2 55ton
- 1 furnace, type C28 MF, 3.5 MW – 8 T
- 1 CAP (Coreless Automatic Press Pouring) 8 ton, 1,2 MW
- Moulding materials: Green sand.
- Production: 120 mould per hour.
- Mould dimension: 1100 x 900 x (400+350) mm
- Operation: two shifts per day.
COOLING AND SHOT BLASTING
The castings then reach the “Cooling House” and remain there for the required cooling time, before the shake-out in the final step of the process, without the need of any line operators. The castings enter into a DISA CT4 type continuous passage automatic shot-blasting machine, which shot-blasts the castings before feeder removal.
- One GENERAL KINEMATICS pneumatic system with air pad springs to convey and cool castings
- One DISA CT4 shoot -blasting machine capacity 13T/H
- Two OSGM shoot-blasting machine rampant blet and tunnel
The entire plant has a capacity of 18 tonnes/hour.
- One ARL 3460 spectrometer
- One LECO carbon-sulfer determinator.
- One LEITZ metallograph microscope W/ LEICA las cast iron software for metallographic analysis according to AST 247-ISO 9245-2 JIS G5502 specifications.
- Complete FISHER apparatus for sand tests.
- One GALDABINI traction machine
- One WOLPERT pendulum (for impact test)
An operator located in a cabin, moves a manipulator consisting of 200 bar force robotic arm able to lift, sprues-removal and move casting.
This is a considerable safety improvement, because even in a foundry is possible to automate handling loads increasing precision as well.
Quality is our competitive advantage.
The company has a lot of advanced inspection equipment, thanks to which we are able to supply the high quality castings to our customers, and make products meeting comprehensive inspection requirements on chemical composition, mechanical properties, non-destructive testing. Both in the co-engineering and production process are focused on quality. Our quality control equipment are:
- Tensile , Hardness, Elongation
- Spectrometer , type ARL 3460, 18 elements
- Microscope type LEINZ
- Tensile test machine type GALDABINI
- 1 Hardness tester 3.000 kg, type HECKERT
- Ultrasonic system of “KRAUTKRAMER”
- Dimensional testing
- 1 scan machine, type GOM, type 5M
- Calibers / Depth gauges
Thanks to targeted technological investments in the field of engineering, we at Ironcastings can now boast a brand-new Heinrich Wagner Sinto automatic shaping plant, with 1100x900x400+350 casting frames and a latest generation shaping unite employing SEIATSU technology.
Our furnace section, composed of 4 units that guarantee 100 tons per day of molten cast iron, allows an hourly productivity of 18 tons.
With a plant so constituted, we can satisfy our customers’ projects, designed for different destinations and different industrial sectors: